What a jam packed weekend it was! I had a great time, though as I have posted about before, I do NOT have the energy to just go go go. My back was hurting throughout most of Saturday sadly during the shower and on and off while being with our family and friends.I tried my best to just put it out of my mind and be a big girl about it, but I am afraid that my patience got the better of me while waiting to be sat at Mimi's with the family....hope I didn't offend anyone. There were just so many people to see and visit with at the shower! Bonnie, my mom, Mrs. Roberds and Dowsett and of course my mother and sister in law did a wonderful job. I loved the food, the games we played and seeing everyone! Man oh man, I did not know how fast the family room would fill up! Not only that, but we showed up to a full house of family members, something Daniel and I didn't know, but it just added to the never-ending fun (and sleepless) weekend we had.
I must say that holy crap we are having a baby and in under 20 days. Looking through all we received at the shower definitely made it all more real. This weekend I couldn't help but think this is the last time we will be... type of thoughts like this is the last movie we'll see...road trip with just the two of us, and the lack of planning that it takes for us to jump in the car and go. This is the last time we go out without a baby or thinking about the baby...This is the last time I will see all these people NOT as a mother and all that being a mother brings. That is so weird. Next time I see my family and friends, it will be me, and a baby. FOREVER. I am going to be a mom. oooooooooooooooooooooh man!

3 comments:
I can't believe it. You're going to be a mom. I remember you slept in my bedroom with me before I was married. You'd get up out of your crib in your little pink sleeper and your little blond baby mullet (sorry, but now that I look back, that's what it was!), and crawl into bed with me for a while. Then you'd pad your way down the hall, the sleeper feet making swishing noises on the slate, to open the living room doors to see your future Uncle Bob and wake him up. I've got a picture of you peeking into the living room. Somewhere. I'll look for it and send you a copy.
Carrie,
hang in there, the home stretch is the hardest I hear. I am begining to feel it myself with only 6 weeks to go.... as it is now almost 3 am on a school night non the less and I am awake with major heartburn and acid.. and can't get comfotable cause my belly is too big... oh the things we endure for a child...thinking of you and hope you have an smooth rest of the road... cant wait to see pics of your little girl.. ps. Sandy thought it would be funny if your little girl and our little guy met one day and got married... she's so funny like that he he he...
~Sara Twait
Post a Comment