Sunday, November 4, 2007

it's a...

BOY! Just kidding, we are having a GIRL! Isn't that fantastic?!
Too bad we are really having a BOY! Wait..... I am yet again pulling your chain.
The honest truth is we don't know what we are having! The long awaited ultrasound was successful in determining that we are having a very healthy baby, just one that wouldn't hold still(it's unmistakeably DEFINITELY DANIEL'S!), loves to kick (finally an explanation to the pain in my lower left side around my ovaries that comes and goes!!) and is surprising modest when it was time to determine the sex. (I'd LIKE to think that was my personality shinning through) Our doctor was very thorough in the ultrasound, I think he wanted to see if time would tell, but our cute baby hid behind the umbilical cord, or crossed it's ankles as so to taunt us!
I was very glad to see that I have a healthy baby growing inside me, it feels real now that it's active and I can feel it, though it's not the most amazing feeling. I think it will become more real to Daniel once I start to look pregnant. Yes folks, I'm almost 19 weeks, half way and still not showing!! YAY TO ME!
However, I was disappointed that I don't know if we are having a Phoebe or Phebo (quote from FRIENDS, we are not considering these names-not that they aren't great). So our choices are these... we have the option to pay for another ultrasound ourselves, roughly around $150 at our next appointment the day before Thanksgiving (to which everyone but Robbie will be coming to our house for) or do like they did in the "olden days" and wait to see what comes in April?
What do you think?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting Carrie! I am so excited for you two! You guys are going to have the cutest little baby..whatever it may be! I miss you like crazy and I think its time we all get together soon! Hows St. George? Love you guys!!

XOXO
jess

Suzie said...

But if you don't have the ultrasound, I won't be the first to know!

Diane said...

For some, not knowing is what gets them through! And who's to say that the baby will be totally cooperative during the next photo shoot?