Saturday, January 10, 2009

ah, the weekend...stupid shorting

It's only been one week back at school, my students were fine, yet I couldn't wait for the weekend to start! I'm not exactly quite sure, seeing that I don't get any more sleep than usual, and I don't enjoy doing the housework that I put off until this weekend to do. Last night we hung out with friends- I was looking forward to that all day long yesterday.
And, it's Christian's last weekend at home before he's off to the MTC, so things around the house are more busy than normal.
Like, I am baking up a storm for the "non-farewell" that is planned.
Which brings me to my complaint...
I believe it was my food's teacher who told me when making cookies, mix 1/2 shorting and 1/2 butter for a more firm cookie.
Now, I like this teacher. but I do NOT love this piece of advice...and I still forget that every time I make cookies using this non helpful tip that the cookies never turn out like I want them to be. Instead of beautiful, textured moist cookies I end up with flat, smooth and crunchy cookies.
And I doubled the recipe, because Christian is a popular fellow with lots of friends.
I'm already embarrassed for what they will all think if they eat these cookies.

6 comments:

Lisa Lou said...

flat + smooth + crunchy + 19 year old boys = empty plates. They probably won't even notice. and I'm sure they are delicious anyway.

Shelley Nicole said...

Cut them into strips for dipping and then put out milk right next them. And, anyways, 19 year old boys are kind of like Kitty, they'll eat any cookies.

Carrie said...

You are right about the kids not caring, they went right through all three containers of cookies, and I even got a few compliments...both the girls and boys thought they were good. Crazy kids.

Dad and Mom Pitcher said...

Cookies, I used to remember making them... All I know is 4 boys and their friends eat everything, good or not and I am sure yours will be terrific.

TheBaumanns said...

Carrie, we live like 10 minutes away from each other and we haven't gotten together yet?! What's wrong with us? Call me!!

Dave said...

COOKIE! I don't often meet a cookie I don't like.

I haven't looked at blogs for a while and Chloe is as cute as she can be, but I enjoy reading what you write.